Linggo, Enero 5, 2014

Texting ≠ Grammar, Spelling

     "Texting is apocalyptic on some level. It's a reduction of things." - Nick Cave


     Texting is a very important tool in the environment these days, but of course there will always be disadvantages in all things. Texting is our link with other people all around the world. Texting minimizes our work, in the past, people used to send mails just to contact each other. But today, I can say that it's very easy to communicate with people who we love because texting is invented.

     But due to this texting, we make words easier by making them short. Like saying abbreviations like "BRB" instead of saying Be Right Back. This may sometimes happen to us in writing poems, stories, or just simply writing a simple sentence. We might sometimes forget that this is the real world, not the world of texting anymore. As I said, texting has many advantages, yet there will always be disadvantages.

     I admit it, I sometimes become like this. I shorten words to make my texting a lot easier, and at school, I sometimes make mistakes in using abbreviations and shortening words. Texting is good but we should always remember that texting words is only for texting and will never be accepted in the world of English grammar.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento